Monday, March 12, 2012

Conversations with Olivia

Victor took this picture in Germany. Love it. Since it was her birthday and she turned 3, I wanted to share with you all what kind of little girl Olivia is. Olivia is very sweet...sweet as apple pie and fluffy bunnies. But she is a firecracker and if you cross the line with her she is fierce! She does not mind calling you out if she feels you need it. She is also so funny and mischevious. She loves to say things to shock and to say silly things. If I say, "Olivia, be nice at school today, have fun and learn a lot." She will reply, "Ok, mommy. I will be mean at school today, have a bad time and I won't learn anything." Then she will grin. I am repeating what she says word for word! The child has been talking in full sentences, like an adult, since she was 1 1/2 years old! I was playing doctor with her. I have a scratch on my hand and I asked her to please "doctor" it. She looked at it, saw it was a real injury,  and said in her most serious voice, "Mommy, I am not a doctor. I'm really not. I'm just a little girl named Olivia. You need a real doctor." She also loves to use the word "actually". She said, "Mommy, I am hungry. Well, actually I am starving." I accidentally stepped on her toe and she got so angry and upset. I apologized and she said, "I don't forgive you. You did it on purpose." Did I mention she is also a drama queen! She said hello as we passed a person in the grocery aisle...she is polite to everyone...and the lady ignored her. Olivia said, "That was not nice mommy. It is rude to not say hello to me!" I had to agree that she should have spoken back. The girl knows her manners. She also can't stand it when people smoke. She will say "That man is smoking mommy. That is not smart and it's yucky!" And the person will be right there! I just walk away as fast as possible! On the plane ride back from Germany, this sweet lady across the aisle kept reaching over and touching Olivia, smiling at her and saying how cute she is. Olivia grinned and would move closer to me. She was trying to be polite to the lady, but I could tell she didn't like being touched. At the end of the 11 hour flight, after we landed, the lady touched her once more and said how cute she is and Olivia took her bobo (pacifier) out of her mouth, and yelled, "Stop touching me!!" I tried so hard not to laugh! She was right! This perfect stranger, who kept reaching over and grabbing her, had finally pushed her last button! I am just so proud of my Liv, Livi, Livi Lou......all names I call her.....and it makes me feel good to know that she is a strong little lady who will be alright in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment