Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Italian Cooking Lesson #1

I have met a new military wife/neighbor who is from ...wait for it....Naples!!! Yes, Naples...the place I've been to recently and the place we stayed last year for over a month. The place I gained 10 lbs eating the amazing pasta, bread and desserts...and let's not forget, cappuccino! I am obsessed with all things Italian! So today, I went over to Marina's house for a lesson on how to make homemade tagliatelle pasta and ragu sauce! Mama mia! It was so much fun!!!! I have never made homemade pasta in my life. It was a blast and it tasted so amazing!!! We even had a glass of real Italian wine......in the middle of the day....chin chin! I had no idea you had to hang the pasta to dry before cutting it into ribbons to boil. We hung it from a broom stick. Look at that big bag of flour! Marina means business. Her food is delizioso! She has promised to teach me how to make many more Italian foods. I'm thrilled because it is my favorite food in the world!








No comments:

Post a Comment