Sunday, February 5, 2012

Right of Passage


Why is it that all children cut their own hair at some point?! As you can see, my girls both cut their hair! I was trying to grow their bangs out and we had made such progress.....and then they go and chop it off to the scalp! I looked at them and said "oh my gosh! what happened to your hair?" Olivia told me they hid in the closet and each cut their own hair, because "it was in our eyes." She said "no one was watching us mommy." I asked her where I was and she said "downstairs doing the dishes." I asked them what they did with the hair they cut off. Ava was all too happy to admit she had hidden her hair under my bed! I asked her to go get it and gasped when she brought what looked like a ponytail to me! She had cut her bangs and all over her head! Then I asked Liv what she did with her hair and she said, proudly, I threw it in your trash can in your bathroom. Sure enough, there it all was in my trash! It wasn't very smart of them to hide the evidence in MY room was it? And it wasn't very smart of me to leave them alone upstairs for 5 minutes while I washed a few dishes! They are truly proud of the job they did. It is funny because everywhere we go all the moms say "did you cut your own hair?" and then I say "no, I did it." and I get a kick out of the looks on their faces!  

No comments:

Post a Comment